Good habits are important for living a healthy lifestyle. They help us in becoming a better person as well. Good habits are even the reason for success in the lives of the students. With these habits, students can build a structure to reach their goals. Therefore, once the students have developed a good habit they must make sure that they follow them for a lifetime. To help the students in knowing what good habits comprise of, we have made a list of 40 good habits for them that they can practise every day.
1. Make a list of three to five important tasks that you want to complete for the day.
2. Mark your calendar with important events and dates.
3. Tackle the most challenging task during the most productive time of the day.
4. Write things for which you are thankful.
5. Manage stress with a deep breathing exercise.
6. Read inspirational quotes.
7. Spend at least five minutes in sun.
8. Feel better by doing a random act of kindness.
9. Build courage and perform things that scare you to develop confidence.
10. Spend time with people from whom you want to learn.
11. Drink 8 glasses of water every day.
12. Eat breakfast within half an hour of getting up in the morning.
13. Give at least 15 minutes to your body and exercise.
14. Try to sleep and get up at the same time every day.
15. To function optimally sleep at least 8 hours every night.
16. Establish a routine that you can follow night in and night out.
17. Make your phone your assistant and set up reminders of the things to do.
18. Set up a reward for good habits and punishment for bad habits.
19. If you do not understand anything taught in the school, ask your doubts on the same day to the teacher.
20. Always make a study plan for upcoming exams.
21. Review your homework list.
22. Try to reach 5 minutes before for every appointment.
23. Before starting any work, make sure you have all the resources and materials required.
24. Use mnemonic devices to memorize information.
25. Do not multitask, focus on one task at a time.
26. Remove all the distractions before you begin your work.
27. Break a big task into smaller ones.
28. Try to do homework at the same place and at the same time.
29. Improve your attention and productivity by taking breaks regularly.
30. Check your homework after completion.
31. Clear study table every day.
32. Organise your assignments and notes.
33. Celebrate the completion of small tasks by rewarding yourself.
34. Take out some time for reading every day.
35. Talk to yourself about making the current situation better.
36. Do not shy away from asking for help.
37. Always try to learn something that is out of your syllabus.
38. Spend some time of your day in a relaxing activity.
39. Talk to your family at least 15 minutes a day.
40. Analyse your day gone by.
The above mentioned are 40 good habits for students to practise every day. If at any point in life, you need any assistance regarding improving your lifestyle and learning healthy habits for your body, you may get in touch with Living In Wellbeing’s expert counsellors.