Press Play Button Below, Synchronize Reading & Listening "Habits Podcast" *An Audio Blog*
Every one of us has things that we try not to focus on. These can be the ones that we tend to avoid such as the bigger tasks or projects. Procrastination can be termed as the biggest of all the problems that most people make. Procrastination is what most of us love to do unknowingly most of the time when you feel that you need to put in all your efforts today. Avoiding ourselves from handling or fulfilling bigger tasks is more or less common among everyone. To not indulge in what we do not want to do or complete, we try keeping ourselves distracted.
Avoiding can lead to a lot of problems in life.
- When we avoid caring for ourselves, avoiding exercise, healthy food, meditation, and so on, it will lead to a lot of health as well as mental issues.
- When we pile up things, we feel more and more stressed in life.
- When we do not take care of a lot of things that are lined up, problems get more and worse.
- Others might feel that we are not reliable at all.
- We also tend to lose trust in ourselves. This also can make use to criticize us more harshly.
Being harsh on ourselves will not do well for us. It can worsen our relationship with ourselves. So to be kind and good to ourselves, we need to avoid procrastination. Challenge yourself that you will never become lazy when you need to do something that can change your life for the better. When you put on the un-procrastination challenge before you for every day, even if it is for a very short time, you can bring out wonders. Yes, you can get a lot of positive things from what you have been keeping aside for a long time.
Being harsh on ourselves is not as good as we tend to change our relationship with ourselves. So being kind to ourselves is very essential for the overall wellbeing. But we can avoid problems by facing and by completing the tasks that we have been avoiding for a long time.
Imagination at its best
Simply imagine that you are spending half of the year on excelling a particular working skill that was normally avoided by you. Every day, you need to pick at least one thing that you have purposefully been avoiding, and then simply face it right away. You will simply excel in the new way of handling tougher things in life. You will become more fearless when facing something you normally feared before.
When we start tackling things that have been avoided, we can completely change the way we work in this world. You will be stepping on to take harder tasks and will start caring for yourself. You will try to excel in competing projects that you have considered as hard. This can also make you healthier and productive in life, helps to be bold and confident too. This can turn out to be a really powerful factor.
Practice each day and excel on what you have been avoiding
The first and the foremost thing that you need to do to make a shortlist of things you have been avoiding all the time. It can be any project, or your finances, taxes, health checkup, talking to someone, cleaning the house, or even doing regular exercise.
After listing out, make this a daily task.
- Choose one from the list a day. This can be hard for you as you have been avoiding it as hard in one way or the other. Choose the task right at the end of the previous day. This will help you to prepare.
- Do it as soon as possible. Never delay it.
- Be free of the fear that was swallowing you. Instead of running away from the problem, stay strong, and fight your fears, work hard on the task.
- Understand that doing a hard task will not destroy your world. Such a practice will help you fight your fears.
Make this a practice and you will be able to see the difference within a few days. Soon you will be able to excel in what you have been trying to avoid for a long time, particularly the bigger things.
Keep in touch with Living In Wellbeing for finding your passions and goals and we are here to ready to help you to find measures to achieve your goals and lead a happy and successful life.