Press Play Button Below, Synchronize Reading & Listening "Habits Podcast" *An Audio Blog*
Practising gratitude can change your life. Multiple studies have shown that when you add more gratitude to your life you lead a happier life. Practising gratitude or encouraging someone on the fence is a trait that everyone must follow. Cultivating gratitude does not cost any money and there are many benefits. In this article, you will learn the benefits and ways of adding more gratitude to your life.
- Always make sure that you say something good to the person who did anything good. Expressing thankfulness or appreciating the effort will not only make the other person’s day but also make you feel good inside.
- Gratitude is not only showing kindness or appreciating other people, it is much more than that. Expressing gratitude in the form of doing some thoughtful act as a return favour should be a part of your habit. Even simple gestures like holding the door for the person behind you is an act of gratitude. Just do something that others would have done for themselves and then acknowledge how good it feels.
- You can add more gratitude to your life by telling people in your life about their importance. You do not need to do any over the top thing for them, just say how you feel in the right tone. You would be happier inside by expressing your feelings and love for them.
- A smile can ease most of your problems in life. Make smiling more often a part of your lifestyle.
- Our actions and thoughts are influenced by what we see and hear. By avoiding negative or destructive content on social media and movies, you can help yourself to add more habits of gratitude in your life.
- By avoiding saying bad things about others you can save yourself not only of negative thoughts but troubles in a relationship. Not participating in saying bad words is also a part of gratitude.
- Make sure to write a card or letter to someone whom you have not met in a long time and tell them something nice about them.
- People who serve the community like shopkeepers, bus drivers, doctors, etc. are the most important. Make sure to say “thank you” to them.
- Call elderly people in your family and tell them how much you love them.
- We all have some people in our lives who dislike us. You must try to not become like them and send love even to them. This will not only make you a person with a bigger heart but also help in healing your relationships with people who dislike you.
- Post images and quotes that remind you to be grateful around your surroundings. This will always keep reminding you of the things that you must follow in your life.
- When you make mistakes, do not blame yourself. Learn from your mistake and see growth opportunities. This attitude will help you in growing well as an individual.
- Make a collage of gratitude. Cut out the pictures of people or things to whom you are grateful. This act of gratitude will help you stay humble and acknowledge people or things your love in your life.
The above mentioned are some of the daily habits that will add more gratitude to your life. If at any point in life, you need any assistance in adding habits that add more gratitude to your life, you may get in touch with Living In Wellbeing’s expert counsellors.